Exciting opportunities exists for Engineer: Mechanical within the asset management Division reporting to the area Superintendent. The successful candidates will be responsible to ensure that the area assets are and remain compliant to any statutory or company requirements and operated/maintained to ensure maximum asset life cycle. Providing governance, risk assessment and repair requirements to ensure the integrity of these assets. Engineering analysis and improvement is an integral part of continuous improvement; execution of projects to drive sustainable area asset performance. To act as key part of the area leadership teams with production, maintenance and technical. Reliability centered maintenance, defect elimination and other tools to achieve long term plant Engineering targets.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining HSE Standards;
- Developing and maintaining governance support structures to ensure that all mechanical assets are designed, constructed, modified and maintained effectively to ensure a safe operating environment for operational teams;
- Ensuring that the area asset integrity is managed to ensure regulatory and company requirements and amend gaps;
- Championing audits to ensure structural integrity and drive action plan to ensure governance;
- Predicting and preventing process safety incidents; escalation of and process safety or asset integrity non-compliance or concerns;
- Ensuring that mechanical engineering standards are up to date and implemented to ensure safe operating of mechanical equipment;
- Maintaining high standards of communication with team members, peers and customers;
- Ensuring the processes are in place to measure the quality of the products and services you provide to your customers and feedback processes are in place to measure customer satisfaction;
- Supporting the development and continuous review of contract and service level agreements;
- Recommending improvements to processes and discussed these with other superintendents involved in the process.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 certificate
- A recognized Bachelor / BEng / BTech degree in Mechanical Engineering NQF Level 7/8 with a minimum of five (5) years post qualification working experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the mining or processing environment; OR
- A recognized National Engineering Diploma/ N6 (NQF Level 6) with a minimum of seven (7) years post qualification working experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the mining or processing environment;
- Relevant Project Management certification (preferred, not required);
- Sound knowledge of the Mechanical engineering discipline with a broad understanding of other engineering fields;
- Sound working knowledge on Project Management;
- A valid code BE driver’s licence.
Leave A Comment