Responsible for the inspection and verification of any electrical installation to protect the COW revenue stream from electricity usage, ensure statutory and by-law regulations compliance to safeguard human life, live-stock and property.
Key Performance Areas:
- Inspect and test electrical installations.
- Act in advisory capacity to electrical contractors and clients.
- Co-ordinates the electrification of low cost housing projects.
- Investigate illegal wiring and tampering.
- Issue fines and back charges for tampering and illegal wiring.
- Performs general and administrative duties.
Skills, Experience & Education
- An Electrical Trade Diploma or a completed apprenticeship in the Electrical Field or a National Diploma (Electrical General IV) or a National Vocational Certificate (Electrical General III -Red),
- four (4) years experience in the field of Metering, Low Voltage / Building Wiring Installation Inspection,
- Revenue Protection / Enhancement and a valid code B driver’s license and Installation Rules SANS 10142-1
- Single & Three Phase Unit Standards.