To perform maintenance and repairs safely and accurately on earthmoving equipment to the highest level of workmanship and quality in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of our company.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals and schematics.
- Conduct necessary fault finding to identify defective parts and conditions on heavy mobile equipment.
- Prepare and provide supervisor with parts lists.
- Do failure investigation and fault finding on equipment.
- Decide on the necessary corrective action to rectify defects and deviations of equipment from standards.
- Test equipment to assess performance.
- Ensure safe operation when testing equipment.
- Prepare and provide supervisor with inspection & failure reports, job cards and timesheets.
- Corrects equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering and hydraulics
- Maintain heavy mobile equipment and machines pro-actively through planned service schedule.
- Ensure all equipment, machines and tools are cleaned after use and stored.
- Adhere to company quality standards and good engineering practices at all times.
- Supervise small work teams as per supervisors’ instructions.
- Adhere to company and legislative Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Grade 12, Diesel/Earthmoving Mechanic Trade Certificate.
- 3 years’ field service experience on Heavy Mobile Equipment.