Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Drilling Supervisor. The successful incumbent will provide an efficient and cost-effective facility for the planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance of production equipment and reliably deliver the right work
The successful candidate will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore
IN YOUR ROLE AS DRILLING SUPERVISOR YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Plans drilling procedures and establishes broad parameters, taking into consideration such factors as mining areas expected yield and topography, RPM, gravel, weights, air and water and supervises activities accordingly.
- Ensures that there is adequate manpower throughout the fleet to man the vessels
- Co-ordinates drilling operations and the preventative maintenance programme by gathering information from, and providing information to the engineering department.
- Inspects/Audits and interprets fleet daily logs and drilling reports in order to identify and correct anomalies/potential problems.
- Monitors adherence to safety standards and the maintenance of safety related equipment during all drilling operations, taking corrective action where necessary.
- Evaluates and improves existing procedures and methodologies as and when required
- Monitors and ensure correct tool codes are logged in the production database as required.
- Establishes Technical Standards and Standardisation across the fleet of drilling vessels.
- Provides support to Vertical Mining Systems Technical Superintendent.
- Ensures spares and components for drilling operations are readily available to the fleet by:
- Managing drilling critical spares, drill pipes stock levels for the fleet, including repairs ashore and scrapping of mining tools through the fleet
- Ensures fishing tools are repaired, serviced and available for use when required.
- Approves and signing of modifications to the mining systems fleet wide.
- Quality checks of mining system after refit and In-ports.
- Passes recommendations to improve mining system process and operations.
- Ensures mining systems equipment drawings are updated and change management process are followed.
- Control the effective training of production drillers by:
- Overseeing the training of trainee drillers with regard to drilling and drill string operations;
- Overseeing the movements and allocation of trainee drillers to the fleet of Drilling vessels;
- Appraising the progress of trainee drillers in practical on-the-position performance and taking corrective action as required;
- Conducting Practical & Theoretical tests for the progress evaluation of trainee drillers;
- Compiling progress reports for trainee drillers and forwarding these to the HR Superintendent – Technical Training.
- Maintains and update technical driller training manuals.
- Recommends to the Vertical Mining Systems Technical Superintendent promotional route of Trainee drillers and Drillers in the fleet.
- Manages and executes the “Work Management” section of the Business Process Framework.
- Decides what work will be completed by recommending and approving work within 24 hours that are appropriate, necessary and funded as per Operating Model principles in the area of responsibility.
- Provides input as required by the AMO to specify all requirement for completing approved work as per the Operating Model principles.
- Provides input as required for the allocation of resources for all approved work to be completed at the right time by being part of the vessel scheduling sessions as requested and supporting the CEO as per the Operating Model principles.
- Reviews relevant SAP reports to track the delivery of requirements for every work package to be completed at the scheduled time as per Operating Model principles.
- Ensures that sections complete all allocated work to specifications at the right time by ensuring the team is trained on the Work Management section of the Operating Model
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Computer applications – MS Office Applications
- Training facilitation and learner assessment
- Knowledge of Namibian Labour Act and Marine Merchant Act
- Leadership, supervising and administrative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Liaison and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Fault finding and Diagnostic skills
- People management and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- N4 or equivalent
- Recognised Trade Diploma with four (4) theoretical subjects (N3 level)
- Five (5) years’ technical/maintenance experience, at least two (2) years of which should have been as a senior driller on a production vessel
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to:
In the subject line please indicate position applying for.
Closing Date: 14 October 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.