PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Prepare detailed working Workshop drawings of structures and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information. Interpret flow diagrams and prepares detailed arrangement drawing for a specific project. Draw layouts of necessary equipment and checks. Track all changes to original drawings and complete redline drawings.
- Create graphical representation of mechanical equipment, steel structures & assemblies.
- Read engineering drawings of any kind
- Create graphical representation of mining and marine structures
- Evaluate technical data to determine effects on designs/plans
- Analyze design / requirements information for mechanical equipment / systems
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs / operational plans
- Ensure respective supervisor/foreman are aware of and changes or amendments to drawings prior and during manufacturing.
- Discuss designs / plans with clients
- File and backup plans on the database, in accordance with the accepted draughting standards and conventions
- Attend daily production meetings and attend to the meeting actions / requests on time
- Visiting construction sites to perform measurements and calculate dimensions to ensure correctness against drawings.
- Verify mathematical calculations
- Keep detailed drawing register.
- Ensure signed off plans are filed in drawing register and kept in a logical order.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments and technologies in architectural design.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma
- 5 to 8 years industry related experience
- Advanced proficiency in computer – aided design (CAD) Software
- Personal credibility / Ethics
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Stress tolerance/resilience
- Problem solving skills
Closing Date: 21 November 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: