Sperrgebiet Diamond Mining (Pty) Ltd, a 100% Namibian-owned Company. We are an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive remuneration packages, relative to the successful candidate’s skill level and experience. We want to invite suitably qualified and committed candidates to apply for the position for our operation near Lüderitz.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Ensure operation of machinery, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and components.
- Troubleshoot sources of problems by observing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems, equipment, and component devices in operation.
- Anticipate maintenance issues and use corrective measures to reduce or eliminate downtime.
- Provide maintenance information to appropriate partners.
- Inspect motors and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following maintenance procedures.
- Do daily and weekly safety checks and make necessary reports
- Ensure good working condition of tools and equipment.
- Trade Certificate (Diesel Mechanic) – Level 3
- 3-5 years post apprenticeship relevant experience in a mining/heavy industry
- Manitou & Liebherr Crane experience a distinct advantage
- Excellent knowledge of maintaining & repairing various mechanical equipment in mining/heavy industry.