MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Plan, organise, direct, control and co-ordinate the mineral resources functions, exploration / drilling programmes and resource planning of Swakop Uranium (SU) to ensure the sustainable availability of mineral resources to meet mining plans and business requirements.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop the Swakop Uranium (SU) Mineral Resource / Geology Management plan, systems, policies, procedures, control standards, measures and programmes, aligning them to strategic business and mining objectives.
- Co-ordinate and monitor departmental effectiveness against short-term mine plan.
- Interpret, apply and ensure compliance to all relevant mineral resource / geology and health, safety and environmental statutory requirements, regulations and standards.
- Identify and apply best practice mineral resource / geology strategies, standards, system and monitoring mechanisms to support short- and long-term mine production planning.
- Identify and manage health, safety and environmental risks within the Mineral Resource / Geology Department.
- Provide guidelines to create the geological and resource model. Update and refine the model as per life of mine requirements.
- Manage sampling / mapping programmes.
- Manage and develop a grade control model for specific areas in the pit.
- Delineate and sample mineral deposits.
- Establish ore accounting system, which reconciles with the metallurgical accounting system.
- Update and validate reserves and resources, including near mine exploration programmes.
- Identify additional uranium ore resources and potential uranium resources.
- Monitor and assess the geotechnical and hydrogeological aspects of the mining operation.
- Establish and manage a slope stability programme of the open pit, dumps and stockpiles.
- Manage compliance to internal and external reporting requirements (legal and other), including a legal register.
Requirements and experience:
- BSc Honours degree or similar qualification in geology.
- MSc qualification an added advantage.
- 10 years’ experience in an open pit uranium mining environment of which 3 years’ should have been on a Senior Management level.
- Registration with an accredited professional body e.g. SACNASP, SAIMM, AUSIMM will be an added advantage.
- Valid Code C Driver’s License.
Closing date: December 22, 2022
Leave A Comment