Location: Mariental, NA
Company: Namibia Dairies (Pty)Ltd
Job Grade: D1
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible to implement and manage the herd strategy through the application of specialist knowledge on the operational management of the total dairy herd including milk production and quality, herd growth, herd reproduction, herd comfort, herd health, people management, financial management and high level reporting to achieve the strategic initiatives of the division and critical success factors of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- An Honours Degree or Postgraduate Degree in Agriculture specialised in animal health and nutrition.
- A minimum of 8-10 years appropriate work experience in dairy farming.
- A minimum of 3 years’ managerial experience in dairy farming will be an added advantage.
- Implement and manage the herd strategy in line with operational and strategic goals and objectives of the business unit.
- Render dairy herd management through the application of specialist knowledge on daily operations relating to milk production & quality, herd fertility, herd growth, herd health and herd comfort.
- Perform regular servicing and repairs as required on Milk Stable, Rotary Table, Milk Tanks, and related equipment.
- Monitor the work of contractor as per service level agreement, address and report concerns immediately.
- Prepare and control annual budget, monthly cost centre controls, forecasting and reporting.
- Lead all aspects of Health and Safety compliance within area of responsibility in line with policies and procedures.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage associated Risk and Security matters
- Effectively lead and direct the Milk Team.
Closing Date: 30 September 2022
Leave A Comment