Key Duties and Responsibilities
To assume ownership of the accounts payable administration of a section of the business and all transaction processing activities relating thereto.
- Generate purchase orders when required for various departments from source documentation
- Capturing of invoices onto ACCPAC, compare to purchase orders and resolve differences
- Check for accuracy in costing allocations
- Perform creditor reconciliations and follow up on outstanding queries
- Perform supplier vetting
- Perform validity checks on suppliers
- Ensure payments made to creditors are valid, accurate and on time
- Ensure all border documents are recovered from transport suppliers
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required by management
The key skills and abilities required include:
- High level of number literacy
- Be an organised individual, with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Energetic, highly organised & methodical
- Attention to detail & able to work accurately under pressure
- Drive for results
- Understand, read & write business English and Afrikaans
- Be physically fit and healthy (be willing to undergo a medical examination)
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in a accounts payable administration function.
- Knowledge of Sage 300 (Accpac) will be a distinct advantage
- Basic accounting and VAT knowledge
- Knowledge of purchasing/storekeeping procedures and document control.
Interested persons, who are Namibian Citizens or have Permanent Residence, may apply in confidence by forwarding their CV to:
The HR Assistant – Walvis Bay Salt Holdings (Pty) Ltd at e-mail HR@wbsalt.com
Closing Date: 20 January 2022
– Applicants must be prepared to undergo an extensive selection process.
– The Company reserves the right not to fill this position.
– Only short-listed candidates will be notified, and no documentation will be returned.
– Walvis Bay Salt Holdings (Pty) Ltd is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY employer – Women and Differently Abled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Leave A Comment