To offer support to the Sector Team Leads and Relationship Managers including Investment Banking, with the primary objective to prepare credit papers, and screening credit applications through the entire credit value chain, to grow, maintain and manage the asset base of the Bank. To evaluate counter-party credit risks with standard Bank Windhoek lending and investment activities at the client interface.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs):
- Assist the Head: Investment Banking in driving the strategic intent of the division in terms of planning and execution of credit.
- Serve as a key resource working closely with the coverage teams including investment banking to create client deliverables and meet client requests
- Responsible for effective and efficient management and administration of credit activities in compliance with the Banks credit policy and procedures ensuring that credit risk is contained within acceptable limits.
- Continuously improve the relationship management model and customer experience in line with the Customer Value Proposition model of Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB).
- Identifies, quantifies and evaluate credit and risk management requirements at the source of the deal negotiation/business proposal. Conducts credit evaluation interviews during deal negotiation to obtain enough and appropriate information to evaluate business risk and deal viability, from a credit risk perspective.
- Declines non-viable deals at source, however works in partnership with Sector Team Leads and Relationship Managers and clients to identify alternatives that could bring the deal/proposal within acceptable risk parameters relative to profitability.
- Recommends appropriate facilities in line with risk evaluation
- Presents and defends own judgement to clients in a manner which does not negatively affect the business relationship.
Preparation of formal Credit Applications
- Interrogates information obtained to gain a thorough understanding of business parameters which create profit/value as well as the associated risks
- Identifies, quantifies and evaluates sources of risk in relation to profitability of business proposal and financial viability of companies as a whole,
- Utilizes industry risk analysis available to identify and understand contextual threats to existing and potential clients.
- Evaluates whether proposals meet sound business criteria and credit risk falls within acceptable parameters and recommends appropriate business credit facilities including terms or conditions of facilities.
- Prepares credit applications providing sound financial and business justification for deals/proposals within acceptable risk parameters relative to the profitability.
- Ensure that applications are correctly completed and submitted at the shortest turnaround time
- Responsible for ensuring that contracts are complete and legally correct
Relationship Management and Service Delivery
- Build and maintain credit partnership with various stakeholders such as Coverage Team, Credit Head Office as well as Retail Banking Services to improve quality of business proposals and turnaround time on credit evaluations.
- Shares joint credit responsibility for business written proposals.
- Ensure compliance of Conditions Presidents (CPs), prior to disbursement of funds.
- Responsible for ensuring that the following follow-up actions, as applicable, are carried out when policies and investments that were offered as security, are paid out
- Ensure preparation of collateral documents, logging in of collateral documents, tracking of outstanding collateral in liaison with the collateral division
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance of ongoing conditions.
- Effect disbursements based on progress certificates and verified VAT claims
- Ensure verification of inward guarantees and presentation thereof upon cancellation of bonds
- Liaise with valuation department for acquisition and signing off on valuation reports
- Sales and disbursement tracking
- Assist in identifying potential growth areas and analyse trends and competitive environment
- Responsible for identifying cross-selling opportunities and to refer such opportunities and leads to the sales area.
- Acting as second face to the client in the absence of the Commercial or Acquisition manager.
- Remains organised and apply sound judgement and keeps developing relationship when under pressure.
Credit and Risk Management
- Proactively drives review process of existing facilities, ensuring consistently thorough and timely evaluation of all existing facilities.
- Detects and evaluates shifts or changes in key risk parameters in a business relationship or industry and evaluates the implications of such changes on continued business dealings.
- Establish reasons for risk exposure in excess of credit facilities, evaluates these in relation to business risk parameters. Monitors utilization in excess of credit facilities and assists Relationship Managers and Acquisition manager in managing the risk exposure.
- Perform all relevant administrative duties that supports the work of the team in terms of credit.
- Ensure adherence to all internal policies and compliance to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide professional advice to CIB staff on specialised credit matters to optimise business performance.
- Intimate Knowledge and adherence to various Credit related processes, procedures and manuals. (Advance Instructions manual, Credit Risk Framework and Credit Sanction Policy)
- Overall accountability for the pro-active management of CIB arrears book in collaboration with the relationship manager and achieving set targets in relation to provisions.
- Preparation of all submission in relation to advances
- Attend to any other reasonable and lawful instruction as given to the incumbent by his/her supervisor is carried out on time and correct.
- Relationship building and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Excellent Presenting and Communicating skills
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards, as they apply to each situation such as credit applications, bad debts, disputes.
- Persuasive and taking a negotiating approach with goal of bringing others to your view point.
- The understanding of how product applications are captured on systems and the inputs required and outputs received from the systems for customers
- Knowledge and understanding of the features, benefits and pricing of the products and services on offer to CIB customers
- Knowledge of markets and or investment finance; must be able to articulate the Division’s strategic objectives
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Degree in relevant field of study (Accounting, Finance, Credit, Economics or CIMA, ACCA, LIA)
- Minimum 8 years business banking experience of which 3 years should be in a credit environment
- Thorough understanding of all the bank’s products, processes and procedures
- Detailed understanding of accounting principles and IFRS standards
Closing Date: 06 November 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: