Performing various tasks relating to monitoring of an existing credit portfolio and assessing existing and potential customers’ creditworthiness, conducting credit reviews of existing customers and optimizing growth potential of the portfolio. Furthermore analyzing client information and credit submissions in order to present a recommendation for the granting of credit to the appropriated mandate, as well as the continued risk management in the Private Banking department
- Day-to-day management and monitoring of credit portfolios and credit administration functions
- Understanding of the Sales environment to provide assistance to the Relationship Manager to secure sound lending in support of the Business Unit strategy
- Validate client information
- Preparation and analyzing of the loan applications for presentation to mandated level.
- Recommend funding solutions based on the credit policies and guidelines in conjunction with relevant Nedbank strategy and the analysis based on the information provided.
- Identify problem exposures and classification in accordance with the Bank of Namibia’s guidelines.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships by providing a range of specialized credit risk management advisory services.
- Providing correct reports to management, the Board, shareholders and the Reserve Bank
- Ensuring that policies and standard operating procedures are adhered to
- Providing input for formulation of policies and procedures within the framework of sound credit management
- Keeping abreast with changes in the micro and macro economic, political, legislative and social environment in order to provide proper lending advice.
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 (25 points)
- The applicant must be in possession of an applicable Business, Accounting or Economics degree
- The applicant must demonstrated knowledge of standard credit principles, financial statements and the interpretation thereof
- The applicant must have at least five (5) years banking experience, in a credit environment
- Knowledge of accounting standards and Basel II requirements
- The applicant must be knowledgeable and experience in the provisions of the Reserve Bank policies and Rules
- The applicant must have strong knowledge of legal matters and practices within the context of the Namibian environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a group
- Customer Focus
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpretative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Managing conflict
Closing Date: 21 January 2022
Leave A Comment