The purpose of the job is to manage the blasting service delivery process to customers in a way that meets (or exceeds) their tangible and intangible needs and enhance the relationship with them to ensure the company will be their first-choice service provider/ This service is delivered by ensuring that all statutory, legal and company SHEQ requirements are administered and adhered to. The responsibility for the job entails the management of the Department, its employees, and the company’s assets in the form of stock, finances, materials, equipment, and vehicles. Required to implement and apply all the necessary managerial controls in the execution of duties.
- Managing the operational service delivery value chain.
- Managing stock/inventory.
- Managing finances.
- Managing SHERQ.
- Managing and developing staff.
- Managing quality.
- Maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Acquire new business for the company.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics.
- Diploma in Mining or Mechanical or Explosive Engineering.
- Blasting Ticket (surface).
- Advance Blasting course (AET).
- 5 years open-cast mining experience as Site Manager (including truck operator, surface mining, blasting, blast reports, seismograph).
- Solid previous experience in supervising and developing employees.
- Previous responsibility for managing costs.
- Legal appointment.
- Knowledge of Explosive Act.
- Knowledge of the OHS Act.
- Knowledge in Mine Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of Environmental Acts.
Include skills, knowledge, behaviors, attitudes, and values that will describe successful performance.
- Demonstrated financial management skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Intercultural intelligence.
- Emotional maturity.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong stress tolerance.
- Results orientation.
- Quality management.
- Strong customer focus.
- Analytical thinking ability.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Mechanical insight/ability.
- Good presentation skills
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Office (20%) and on-site mining environment (80%).
- MS Office, with advanced knowledge in Excel.
- VOD recording.
- Digital video camera.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail: