monitor the operations at the warehouse as well as ensures that all surveillance and GPS systems are properly working.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that cameras and surveillance systems in all our branches are installed and operating adequately
- Review and provide video images for investigative purposes
- Sit in front of a bank of screens, constantly monitoring the live pictures that come in from the surveillance cameras and the location of vehicles through our GPS systems
- Randomly and when necessary, analyse the footage from the cameras installed in the vehicles
- Monitor anyone acting suspiciously, and alert the security staff/ police if you see an act of theft, vandalism or any other crime
- Monitor anyone coming into the warehouse or who operates on it, including the cleaning staff and pickers
- Keeping a log of all incidents to pass onto management, security staff and the police (when necessary)
- You may be called to give evidence in court as a witness
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, current legislation, and the company codes of practice
- Randomly perform breathalyser tests on the entire warehouse staff.
- Ensure the accurate recording of all events and actions monitored from within the control room, including the maintenance of daily logs
- Perform other related work as required
- Ability to plan, schedule, and undertake work safely, independently, and professionally.
- Punctual, reliable and detail oriented.
- Must be in good physical condition to perform duties assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of surveillance system practices, techniques and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of maps and/or GIS Information.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret maps, plans, and specifications, and to compare them with various aspects of progress, to detect errors.
- Must be able to operate a computer and computer software related to word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and difficult situations
- Prior experience in retail
Closing Date: 28 February 2022