Responsible for conducting research on economics, sectoral profiles, country information and company profiles. Analyse Namibia’s competitiveness and provide advice on policies impacting investment so as to maintain Namibia’s competitiveness. Responsible for research, collating and distributing information on investment trends and projects to local and international investors.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertake economic and background research on matters of general economics, sectoral profiles, country and company profiles
- Research and analyse Namibia’s competitiveness, investment policy and provide advice to the policy unit
- Provide periodic investment trend analysis and briefs on international economic developments
- Liaise with research institutions which compile and conduct research on the economy or individual sectors
- Undertake periodic collection of industrial, investment and other statistical data. Build relationship with key stakeholders and institutions e.g. NSA, BoN, etc
- Assist to compile economic papers, policy briefs and articles for publications
- Research and compile comparative investment climates, incentive packages and other investment-related data, for policy formulation
- Collect information on specific investment trends by regional and international investors by sector, country and individual investor
- Provide advice on specific investment policy trends and areas of potential targeting
- Collect and develop data on macroeconomic policy factors affecting FDI flows
- Business support through providing accurate or up to date information regarding regulatory issues of export/ import procedures, requirements, licensing requirements and more
- Attend to Investment and Trade policy related enquiries made to the department by providing key information and technical support and provide information to Policy Managers.
- Prepare and draft industry briefs to keep internal and external stakeholders abreast of the latest market and policy changes
- Initiate and manage market research, data mining and quantitative analysis to ensure sustainability and future competitive growth – ensure research calendar is in place.
- Investigation into the feasibility of development proposals (market research, product performance and financial modeling) in the context of NIPDB strategy
- Continuously collect and analyze economic information to obtain accurate and recent economic insights
- Assist with early identification of critical policies needed for successful development
- Undertake any other assignments as may be given from time to time
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Research and Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Communication, or a related field
- A postgraduate qualification (NQF 8) will be an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in a related field
- The capacity to work with a research questionnaire, gather and structure relevant data and present results in a compelling manner and with defensible argument
- The ability to identify and leverage multiple platforms (e.g. Web, academic databases, government agencies, and experts) in order to stay abreast of, influence, and in some cases define current thinking within the relevant field(s)
- Precise, systematic and rule-oriented in gathering, reviewing and evaluating data from a variety of perspectives; includes the ability to work with precision and highlight inaccuracies and inconsistencies in detailed information.
- The capacity to listen attentively, present information clearly and concisely and respond appropriately to the verbal and written communications. This includes the ability to regulate delivery in response to the needs of a target audience
- Understands organisational systems, structures, policies and procedures and can navigate changing dynamics and power relationships
- The ability to integrate information from a variety of sources, discern complex underlying relationships and predict patterns for future growth.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Solid time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, organise and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changing situations in a calm and professional manner
- Highly competent, self-motivated and goal driven individual
- Discretion and diplomacy
- Honest individual with a high level of personal integrity
- Dependable and responsible
Leave A Comment