Key Performance Areas/Outputs:
- Recommend retail pricing strategies based on evaluation of economic conditions, competition, legislation and any other relevant variables which could affect the marketability of the product.
- Receive test results from all testing laboratories, collate & summarise results.
- Prepare monthly trends for the laboratory manager
- Conduct quality check on results & communicate any discrepancies with Compliance & Laboratory Manager for correction & liaise with laboratory.
- Distribute collated results to logistics and relevant stakeholders for information & action purposes as per template received from superiors.
- Compare market/client microbiological specifications with actual test results and release products on electronic system for distribution to the different markets.
- Receive customer complaint from Compliance & Laboratory Manager, sales Manager etc. with QA and log on HQMS for production team participate in investigation, implement corrective action & verification of effectiveness of action instituted for area of responsibility
- Receive Non-conformance from Directorate of veterinary services (DVS) and log on HQMS for production team participate in investigation, implement corrective action & verification of effectiveness of action instituted for area of responsibility.
- Responsible for wholesale QA officers and verify their records.
- Receive non-conformities from QA Officers at Wholesale, evaluate relevance & raise nonconformity on HQMS, participate in investigation & evaluate corrective actions & verify effectiveness.
- Receive customer complaint from Superintendent at wholesale & raise non-conformity on HQMS for superintendent participate in investigation, corrective action &verification of effectiveness of action instituted for area of responsibility
- Assess new product ideas from a marketing point of view to determine feasibility, including analysing market size and trends, gathering and appraising of all available information on competitive products. Prepare product descriptions, get data on price characteristics necessary to compete effectively in the market. Do estimates of sales and
- Allocates work to make best use of individuals skills and learning requirements
- Implements disciplinary procedures in a fair, impartial and timely way consistent with HR procedures and the law.
- Maintain structure of the division and recommend changes to the Compliance & Laboratory manager when needed to always ensure efficient workflow.
- Responsible for the motivation, performance assessments, handling of grievances and disciplining of staff in the division.
- Act as liaison between staff in the division and Compliance & Laboratory Manager and communicate relevant information.
- Manage QA officer availability through management of leave and log leave on the HQMS for Compliance & Laboratory Manager to approve and other commitments e.g., training.
- Monitors sufficient reagents/equipment’s and supplies for Compliance need to provide an appropriate level of service.
- Ensure that all compliance and laboratory order requested are logged on the system.
- Ensures all equipment’s and instrument are serviced and routine preventative maintenance is carried out both in-house and by service contractors.
- Determines appropriate stock levels for Compliance section, request for quotations and sets up standing orders/purchase orders with approved suppliers.
- Ensures costs and expenses to meet/exceed budgeted financial expectations for the laboratory.
- Assist Compliance & Laboratory Manager in preparation of operational and capital budgets and control the expenditure.
Administration and procurement
- The day-to-day organisation and operation of the Compliance; Reviews Compliance operations for all aspects of the continuous improvement process
- Together with training officer ensures the Compliance procedures and forms are reviewed and uploaded on HQMS.
- Compiles and analyses test information to determine operating efficiency of processes and equipment and to diagnose problems and malfunctions
- Provides a diagnostic service that includes the reporting and interpretation of results
- Gives clients advice on reference ranges, specimen type and timings of sampling as appropriate.
- Submit formal reports to Senior QA Manager on the status of the Testing Operations
- Ensure timely acquisition of laboratory consumable and stock items and authorise requisitions.
- Ensure, through follow up with creditors, suppliers and utilities are paid to assure uninterrupted service provision.
Health and safety
- Promote and contribute to active Health and safety culture of the Compliance and Laboratory department.
- Communicate health and safety policies and procedures in the Compliance and laboratory Department.
- Benchmark on best practices regarding food safety regulations, testing best practice and standards.
- Provide technical advice to customers where required.
- Degree in Business Administration, Food Technology/ Agriculture, or related field.
- Familiarity with the Quality Assurance processes and sound knowledge of HACCP and ISO family of standards
- Good computer skills &electronic quality management systems
- Ability to guide a high involvement mini-team.
- Good communicator both orally and written (good standard of grammar)
- Flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm and energy
- Analytical skills and ability to research topics of application in respective department
- Quality management
- Administration and procurement
- Excellent leadership skills and above average integrity.
- Problem Solving and Project Management Skills
- Detailed and comfortable with report writing and analysing data.
- Able to maintain good interpersonal relationships
- Composed, flexible, perceptive, enthusiastic, responsible, honest, trustworthy High ego strength, self-organised person who can work in a team.
- Laboratory operating system
- Management skill
- Strategic planning
- Chemical and/or Microbiological test method and data analysis
- Contextual understanding of the laboratory environment
- Interpersonal and Negotiation skill
- Food testing standard .e.g., ISO 17025 and accreditation standard related to laboratory
- Knowledge of HACCAP and ISO 2200
- Namibian Citizenship.
Application Letter accompanied by a detailed CV which reflects career outline to date should be forwarded to:
Closing Date: 01 July 2022
Meatco is an equal opportunity employer and persons from previously disadvantaged groups are especially invited to apply