- Be available for immediate deployment in case of an in-water emergency.
- Be qualified, competent, in date and fit to perform search and rescue procedures appropriate to the conditions expected during the diving operation.
- Be informed of and be fully aware of the dive plan and any changes to it made during the dive.
- Assist the Supervisor and surface support team when reasonably practicable without downgrading availability for in-water assistance.
- Prepare for diving operations as specified for divers.
- After pre-dive checks are completed some equipment may be removed and placed in readiness at the supervisor’s discretion to avoid undue discomfort to the stand-by diver.
During the dive:
- Remain available at the control point at all times unless an alternative is appointed by the supervisor
- Remain in a state of readiness to perform appropriate assistance as may be directed by the supervisor.
- Ensure that their equipment is clean and properly stored.
- Grade 12
- Commercial Class III Certification
- Basic Safety Training Certificate
- Marine Record Book and Certificates
Please submit your curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications with a cover letter clearly indicating the position you are applying for to e-mail: