NAMDIA markets and sells ethically sourced Namibian diamonds for the benefit of Namibia and her people. After six years of existence and with this goal in mind, the company begins a new era of business refinement and expansion. We are presently seeking:
– Chief Operations Officer (COO)
The COO reports to the CEO, and together with the Executive: Market Development, Sales & Branding, is one of three EXCO members. The purpose of the position is to manage and integrate all business support functions and services. The incumbent will be responsible for developing, leading, and managing the organisation’s support functions and their underlying areas of specialisation, to ensure optimal levels of strategy implementation support. Furthermore, the incumbent will acquire, develop, refine, and deploy operational resources to enable business success, in the areas of security & safety, human resources capacity and development, financial services, business optimisation, and IT/Digitisation. The functions of Finance, IT & Digitisation, HR Services, Security & Safety, each headed by expert managers, report to the COO. Operations serve to enable NAMDIA’s business effectiveness through superior support and services.
The successful candidate must have solid competence in the following key areas:
1. Strategising & Formulation
2. Conflict Resolution
3. Business Unit Planning & Follow-through
6. Business Understanding
8. Governance Principles Management
• Chartered Accountant or a Masters level academic qualification in the areas of Business, Finance, or Industrial Psychology, evaluated at NQF 9.
• Additional academic qualifications in HR, IT, Finance and/or Security Systems will be an advantage.
• Minimum 10 years of work experience in a professional business environment, compromising of five (5) years in mid-managerial roles with coverage of ideally HR, Finance, IT management (incl. Business Analysis), Operations management and at least 2 years’ experience in an executive/higher management role.
• A valid Code B Driver’s License.
• Previously disadvantaged Namibians are encouraged to apply
• Please submit a letter of motivation (1 page) and a CV (maximum 4 pages).
• The deadline for applications is 02 September 2022 at 17h00 local time.
• Non-Namibian qualifications must be accompanied by a Namibia Qualifications Authority evaluation.
• Submissions must be made electronically and submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No hand-delivered applications will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will be required to undergo a robust selection process.