Responsible for the road maintenance of an area(s) within a region to ensure execution of project management processes i.e. contracts administration and site supervision
- Management of Maintenance Area, Area Office and Satellite offices
- Management of Human Resources of Area
- Controlling of operational budget and administrative budget for Area
- Execution of Contract Management Process i.e. contracts administration & site supervision
- Execution of Assigned functions
Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- National Diploma at NQF level 6 in Civil Engineering
- Registration as an Engineering Technician by the Engineering Council of Namibia
- Eight (8) years’ experience of which at least 5 years is in road sector
- Working experience as a road inspector is an added advantage
- Code B driving license
- Planning/prioritizing skills
- Report writing skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the road network in area concerned.
- Knowledge of the relevant road legislation.
- Fluency in the English language – speak, read and write
- Basic computer literacy.
E-mail your applications accompanied by comprehensive Resume’/ CVs and originally certified copies of qualifications and identity documents to the email addresses provided:
Closing Date: 28 January 2022
-The email subject should be the tittle of the vacancy/position. Kindly send all documents in 1 batch in pdf version
Suitably qualified persons from designated groups as defined in the Affirmative Action (Employment) Act, 1998 (Act No.29 of 1998), especially women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates with relevant supporting documents attached to their application will be contacted for interviews. Only electronic applications will be accepted. Documents submitted for applications will not be returned.
NB: Qualifications obtained from Non-Namibian institutions must be accompanied by NQA evaluation.
The Roads Authority reserves the right not to make any appointment in positions.