The primary role of this position will be to manage all engineering operations on board the mining vessel to ensure safety in operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery, mining equipment and the treatment plant whilst at sea and in port.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Controls all engineering activities onboard the vessel whilst at sea by supervising the team to ensure proper operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery and auxiliaries, mining equipment and treatment plant, and deck machinery.
- Co-ordinates shutdowns by planning maintenance to be completed and manages planned maintenance programme.
- Improves the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes and systems.
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental issues.
- Manages and develops human resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- NQF 6 with relevant Maritime study qualifications
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency – Chief Engineering unlimited (>3000kW)
- Eight years relevant experience which includes 5 years minimum at a 2nd Engineers level on a vessel >3000kW
- Marine mining experience would be an advantage
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent planning, organising and controlling skills
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Strong leadership skills with high ethical standards and should be self-motivated
Closing Date: 31 March 2022
The company ONLY accept application sent through their career portal. Interested candidates can apply through the link below (You will be required to create an account an upload all your documents):
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned.