PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To ensure all cashbook administrative duties are carried out effectively and timeously to ensure profitable and productive operation of the financial administration department
- Capture all debit and credit entries to the correct GL accounts.
- Clear GL control accounts.
- Filing of all relevant documents.
- Accurate posting of Journals.
- Handle all queries with the respective Banks and branches.
- Reconcile payroll payments.
- Ensure that all Bank statement transactions are allocated to the correct accounts.
- Do credit card and Site Minder reconciliations and handle all queries.
- Capture all deposit payments on a daily basis in OPERA.
- Ensure that all items booked must be present on the Bank statement in order to prevent fraud.
- Ensure that all set deadlines are met.
- Ensure the security of confidential documents and trade secrets of the Company.
- Attend to any reasonable request made by Senior Management, Directors or Shareholders.
- Report and where possible handle cases of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage or contravention of regulations.
- Attend meetings and training courses, workshops or seminars as required.
- Relief and assist in all areas during periods of absence or crisis.
- Maintain Company standards and ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma/ Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in a similar environment.
- Experience in SAP and Opera will be an added advantage