Purpose of the position:
The Caregiver will be responsible for the provision of a high standard of basic nursing care whilst adhering to company policies, standards and following prescribed company procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide comprehensive nursing care to all patients within the scope of practice of a Caregiver
- Adhere to, and consistently meet, all company standards, procedures, and protocols
- Provide holistic support to the patient so as to create a caring environment within which the patient feels secure, cared for and supported in all facets of his/her stay on the Ward
- Report regularly to the Senior Registered Nurse/Registered Nurse on any matter affecting patient care, patient security, doctor relationships, staff relationships (teamwork), stock control or any other matter of concern
- Work effectively and co-operatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships that are mutually beneficial
- Maintain customer satisfaction through the building of relationships with doctors, nursing staff, ancillary staff, suppliers and patients’ friends and relatives
Minimum Requirements and Experience:
- Relevant Certificate in Caregiver Training
- Minimum 3 years Caregiver experience in a hospital environment
- Oncology experience will be an added advantage
- Willing and able to work shifts, including weekends and night duty
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with patients and colleagues
- Fluent in English, additional languages will be an added advantage
- Namibian citizenship or residency status
The Namibian Oncology Centre offers our staff a competitive remuneration package and favourable working conditions. Suitable candidates should please submit a detailed CV and covering letter to:
Hand delivered: 3 Heliodoor Street, Eros, Windhoek, for attention: Human Resources.
Suitable applicants from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.