As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building and executing on the business plan to grow fund membership and market share within the Namibian market. You will be responsible for identifying new market opportunities, developing national sales strategy, as well as building and maintaining existing stakeholder relationships. This position requires a self-starter with a natural enterprising disposition. In addition, you will manage the funds stakeholder engagement plan, its ongoing development and reporting of its progress to the Board of Trustees. You will also be responsible for Corporate Social Investment (CSI) projects, as and when needed, that integrate into the overarching business imperatives. You will champion the fund’s brand and be responsible for providing input and oversight of the fund’s corporate communications strategies and policies. You will attend fund events and engagements in addition to any other appropriate networking opportunities. Your understanding of risk management and specifically reputational risk management will be beneficial.
Our client seeks a catalyst for sustainable opportunities with a proven track record of relationship building, networking, and stakeholder management expertise; someone who possesses an innate driven ability and an enterprising personality to expand the fund’s membership. This position reports to the Principal Officer and is well suited for an aspiring professional eager to learn and grow within the fund’s management structure.
- Business Development
- Stakeholder Engagement Management
- Management Reports
- Coordinating and Review of Corporate Communications Strategies
- Corporate Social Investment
- Corporate Communication Management
- A Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Finance or similar.
- At least 10 years progressive experience in business development or similar role.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and relationship building.
- Strong business development experience and an in-depth understanding of the Namibian business context.
- Fluency in English and one other local language.
- Willing to travel as and when required within Namibia.
- Namibian citizen with a valid driver’s license.
- Honesty, integrity, and ethical behaviour
- Ability to lead and influence
- Ability to build meaningful and lasting relationships
- Ability to act with urgency and be accountable
- Advanced presentation skills
- Ability to interact and connect with businesses and individuals
- Mature, diplomatic, and networking skills
- Advanced communications skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible and energetic
- Goal orientated and hardworking
- A catalyst of sustainable opportunities
- Teamwork, reliability, and organisational skills
Closing Date: 04 February 2022
Carefully follow the application instructions and ensure that a copy of your CV is uploaded. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date.
Please be advised that all applications will be handled exclusively by Potentia Namibia Recruitment (Pty) Ltd, and all selected candidates will be required to undertake a psychometric assessment.