Based in Windhoek, the candidate must have the willingness to travel extensively in their dedicated area, which is primarily Namibia, but will eventually be extended to Angola/Botswana from time to time.
Contract type: Permanent
Remuneration: Base salary + performance bonus (discretionary)
IWS is an Independent Water Producer, Project Developer, and Integrator in the Water Sector, with a focus on producing clean water with clean energy.
Our Headquarters are based in Cape Town, South Africa, and we have a subsidiary registered in Namibia where we are currently expanding the team. Please visit our website: www.watersolutions.co.za for more information.
The high performing candidate will advance the commercial strategy of IWS Namibia, along with the Development Director and Country Manager. As Business Development Manager you will lead the deployment of key objectives to grow the deal flow and secure new clients, advancing the business model of the company in Namibia (and later in Angola and Botswana). A reasonable understanding of the latest Namibian legal / compliance frameworks and standard procurement procedures is required from a Project Management perspective.
The ideal candidate will show multi-disciplinary skills and motivation to structure and develop the future of the Water Sector in Africa.
Area of responsibilities:
- Commercial Strategy of IWS in Namibia
- Deal Flow Origination and Management
- Project Development of new prospects from Origination to Financial Close
- Maintain stakeholder relationships (existing Clients, Financiers, Government etc)
- Business Development, arranging meetings, and research in sectors such as Mining, Municipal/Public Entities, Private Estates, Property Developers, Agriculture, and Industry
- With the support of the technical team, Tender Management, preparation of proposals and offers to clients, and subsequent follow-up on leads
- Reporting to and coordinating with the executive team in Namibia and South Africa, populate and maintain internal dashboards – attend/organize regular meetings
- Experience in infrastructure development or financing, liaising with sustainability consultants and Namibian environmental practitioners
- Project Management (coordination, stakeholder management, contract negotiation, permitting, understanding of financial models etc.)
- Own mode of transportation and willingness to travel extensively
- Good communication skills and ability to engage confidently with the various stakeholders in public and private sectors. Preserves relationships despite potential differing views and seeks mutual understanding
- Understanding of project financials and important concepts/metrics such as CAPEX, OPEX, cash flows, profitability, ratios, etc.
- Degree in Business Management (BBusSc, MBA etc.) / Development Finance / Economics / Law or equivalent is preferred
- 7 to 12 years’ experience in business development / entrepreneurship / commercial developments, with a broad network in Namibia
- Passionate about finding solutions to climate change and water scarcity
- Pioneering mind set and willing to assist outside of core responsibilities
- Curiosity related to aspects of engineering solutions and problem solving
- Finance background with extensive corporate/business experience, preferably in the Water Sector or Infrastructure related fields, is an added advantage
- Strong motivation and autonomy, self-driven and results oriented
- Fluent in English essential, Afrikaans would be beneficial
- Professional acumen, presentable, and strong ethical principles
CV’s including a short cover letter to be sent to:
Email: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave A Comment