PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: :
Responsible for the basic prep work the section. They need to need to keep the section organised and tidy and follow the health and hygiene regulations….
Key Performance Areas:
- Understand daily departmental costs and how they influence profit and loss
- Ensures that all mise-en-place is completed prior to food service periods.
- Ensures that proper cooking methods are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all equipment being used is washed and cleaned after use.
- Ensures that all items of equipment, which has been used, are correctly stored after they have been cleaned.
- Attends training courses when nominated by the Executive Chef.
- Ensures that stores, refrigerators and freezers in the department are always clean and tidy.
- Avoids unnecessary wastage
- Performs additional duties as required or as requested by the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12.
- Culinary certificate or diploma.
- Minimum 2 years exposure on a commercial kitchen environment.
- Knowledgeable about HACCP and health regulations
- Computer Literacy: MS Office, MICROS, Materials Control.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results
A bright talented and ambitious young girl who passes self discipline and ability work