Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Boilermaker The primary role of this position is to effect boilermaking (maintenance and new equipment) on board the vessel.
The incumbent will be required to spend 28 days at sea followed by 28 days ashore and will be required to undertake the following activities:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Performs maintenance and repairs on all steel installations
- Executes work order requests and provides feedback
- Monitors consumables availability in conjunction with the stores department by maintaining stock levels and forwarding requests to the Supervisor
- Assist with removal and installation of structures, spares and equipment (rigging)
- Manufacture or modify equipment as directed by Supervisor
- Fabricate parts or structure from technical drawings or samples
- Removal of redundant structures
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Must be timeous, proactive and take initiative
- Generate new and practical solutions to technical problems
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12 with pass in English, Maths and Science; and
- Qualified Artisan with Trade Certificate from a recognised institution
- Three (3) years post qualification as an Artisan
- Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
- Welding and pipe fitting will be an added advantage
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by e-mail to:
Closing Date: 08 July 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
– Women are encouraged to apply.
– In subject line please indicate position applying for.
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assess-ment and screening.