To safely and accurately plan, fabricate and install steel structures to the highest level of workmanship and quality in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of our company.
- Understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Fabrication and Erection of structural Steel, Pipe & Tanks
- Accurately plan and organize task execution in terms of standard operating procedures and in accordance with drawing specification, company specifications and supervisors instructions.
- Determine, special tools, gasket materials and specific consumable requirements accurately in terms of type, quantity, grade and specific applications.
- Request and receive materials from supervisor and verify correctness of received materials.
- Accurately measure, mark out, prepare and cut materials in accordance with drawing specifications, company specifications and supervisors instructions.
- Fabricate, assemble and install fit plates and pipes as per drawing and supervisor instruction, using appropriate assembly methods such as jigs, strong backs, back stoppers, clamps, wedges, tack-welds
- Inspect work piece for dimensional accuracy, required quality standard, task correctness and present to supervisor for verification.
- Perform all required gas cutting, tacking and safe handling and lifting during fabrication process.
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of hand tools, equipment and machinery, report all non-conformities to supervisor.
- Ensure correct weld preparation as per drawing and weld procedure specification is done
- Make sure all care is taken in prevention of distortion during welding.
- Understanding radius corners weld intersections
- Nozzle selection
- Cutting pressure settings
- Line cutting free hand
- Line cutting using hand held guide
- Using straight line cutter
- Washing of frames (M&O Specific)
- Bevel cutting
- Grinding frames & bevels (M&O Specific)
- Tack welding and basic welding
- Operating guillotine, press brake, rollers
- Setting up jigs
- Plate/ Pipe Development
- Grade 12, National Trade Certificate in Boilermaking.
- 3 years relevant experience in a fabrication environment.
- Personal credibility / Ethics
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Stress tolerance/resilience
- Problem solving skils