PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to supervise all operational aspects of the restaurant within the F & B Department including the development and performance management of waiters and bartenders, optimizing profits and increasing sales
- Has a clear understanding of all Food and Beverage outlets on a lodge.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints.
- To maintain a thorough working knowledge of F & B SOPs and ensure these are upheld at all times through constant observation and coaching.
- To maintain awareness of outlet(s) financial performance.
- To utilize up-selling and suggestive selling techniques to enhance the outlets financial performance.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately
- To ensure that the billing procedure and payment are correct and adhered to.
- To ensure that the department is prepared for service at the stated times and that all pre-service activity has been carried out.
- To ensure that the restaurant opens at the stipulated times and that all pre-service activities have been carried out.
- To increase revenue by means of recommending and serving whenever possible, appropriate food and beverage items.
- To conduct performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Grade 12.
- Diploma in Hospitality
- Previous Supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 year experience in waiter/maître d’ at a similar restaurant.
- Pro-active thinking
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving and Emotional Intelligence
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail and Accuracy