Debmarine Namibia requires the services of an SAP Basis Administrator. The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing our SAP landscape and will handle the routine maintenance, operation, upgrades and play a major role in planning and executing migrations and other projects.
- Maintains SAP landscape and operating performance in order to maintain agreed service levels.
- Understands the Operating System environment.
- Performs system, database and operating system modifications.
- Applies Enhancement Packages and kernel patches.
- Installs and upgrades software as appropriate to satisfy the business requirements, Identifies and arranges for the installation and configuration of the SAP and database (SQL and others) systems for optimum performance.
- Creates and updates the technical documentation for the system.
- Provides a quality and value adding service whilst maintaining sound professional relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of current practice within the area of expertise/specialism, interpreting developments.
- Advises line management of critical abnormalities and recommends corrective action
- Monitors backup procedures and document procedures
- Prioritises backup requirements of all data on SAP servers and maintains a backup log, which can be audited.
- Actions disaster recovery plan by implementing and monitoring relevant procedures
- Attends to all administrative functions of the position, taking cognisance of the need to create a clear audit trail,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant Degree / National Diploma with Computer Science/Information Technology
- 4 years post-qualification experience in SAP Basis administration.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP S/4 Hana Environment and Controls.
- Understanding of regulatory policies requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Computer applications – MS Office Applications
- SAP S/4 Hana and or SAP ECC6
- VMWare and Operating Systems
- Work independently
- Handle confidential matters
- Planning and organising skills
- Project management skills