PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: :
To assist the Brewer & Butcher Manager with managing of the Brewer & Butcher restaurant, ensuring guest satisfaction, generating revenue by active marketing and upselling, adhering to prescribed food and beverage cost percentages, whilst adhering to all hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensures that standards are always maintained in the restaurant in relation to service delivery and hygiene requirements.
- Assist with proactively communicating market trends and possible changes in guest preferences and expectations on F&B offering to management
- Contributes to identifying and implementing employees training schemes to ensure that standard company operating standards and procedures and employment equity targets are met
- Ensures that the service side stations are fully stocked at the commencement of service and that they are replenished and kept clean and orderly throughout service.
- Ensures tables are set in accordance with established standards ensuring that silverware, china, and linen are clean, polished and in good condition.
- Ensures that food and beverages are served in the established service style.
- Is responsible for the standard of cleanliness and hygiene in the restaurant.
- Ensures that routine and special maintenance of the restaurant/s physical facilities are performed timeously
- Initiates, monitors, and partakes in regular stock takes including consumables and operating equipment
- Share responsibility for all O & Leisure Policies regarding the audit requirements
- Assist in achieving budgeted revenue numbers for the restaurant
- Contributes to ensuring the YTD departmental profit per the budget is achieved
- Responsible management of all stock items and variances
- Contributes to Revenue Control by sharing responsibility for the restaurant’s financial performance and long-term sustainability.
- Shares responsibility for the controlling of food, beverage and labour costs within set norms within the department
- Excellent people development and management skills
Requirements and experience:
- Food and Beverage Qualification
- Minimum 2 years restaurant management experience
- Micros/Opera and ResDiary fluency
- International experience will be an added advantage
- Wine course or sommelier course and 3rd international language will be an added advantage
Closing Date: 31 March 2022
Leave A Comment