PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To perform overall critical, preventative, and corrective maintenance of allocated vessels in the fleet department under the supervision of the Marine Fitter to ensure that maintenance and repairs of vessels are completed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on vessel and vessel equipment.
- Perform breakdown maintenance and repairs on vessel.
- Perform overhaul and repairs on marine trawler vessel and vessel machinery.
- Disassemble any form of pump, overhaul and reassemble
- Disassemble pump drives and couplings, overhaul and reinstall
- Overhaul winches clutch and brakes cylinders
- Removal of normal pipe work, repair, and installation of all type of pipes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 (with pass marks in English and Mathematics)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Marine Environment
- N2/N3 Fitting and turning and or Diesel mechanic Certificate will be an added advantage