Main Purpose of the Job:
Is to Coordinate all marketing and sales activities at MEATCO retail outlets. Implement strategies to ensure that maximum returns are achieved from products sales; at minimum cost and to maintain and improve the Corporation’s competitive position.
Key Performance Areas/Outputs:
Retail Pricing (Increase of Meatco’s margins)
- Recommend retail pricing strategies based on evaluation of economic conditions, competition, legislation and any other relevant variables which could affect the marketability of the product.
- Participate in the production of price lists on a monthly basis timeously and correctly in order to provide to sales.
- Implement the price lists weekly as per laid down formulas.
Innovation (Market Research and Product Development):
- Assess new product ideas from a marketing point of view to determine feasibility, including analysing market size and trends, gathering and appraising of all available information on competitive products. Prepare product descriptions, get data on price characteristics necessary to compete effectively in the market. Do estimates of sales and profit potential, describe initial marketing plans and requirements to ensure product feasibility and performance from a customer standpoint.
- Determine whether the products offered by Meatco are in line with customer requirements and provide guidance in research and specification of the adaptation that is required.
- Make proposals on actions needed to counter threats to Meatco. Position Meatco in order to achieve the maximum benefit from anticipated changes in the market.
- Make continuous proposals to increase cost margins and brand development and recommend to Senior Management, e.g. canning, cheetah friendly marketing.
- Monitor external and internal environment for development of new markets.
Client Service, Client base increase, maintenance and retention
- Liaise with clients and discusses stock requirements and ensures that client’s requirements are met.
- Ensures quality of service. Maintains favorable relations with all customers, including directing the administration of all promotional activities. Visits new and existing customers on a regular basis to maintain sound customer relations.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
Administration, Finance and Debtors Management
- Compiles budget, and implements upon approval. Monitors and follows up on deviations. Takes corrective steps and provides guidance as required
- Attends Departmental Meetings (monthly); Product / Marketing Meetings;
- Monitors the application of the Debtors Policy and gives guidance as required. Assists personally with the follow-up with problem debtors.
- Supervise all staff in accordance with sound managerial principles and Meatco’s Human Resources policy and procedures.
- Responsible for appointment, training, motivation, handling of discipline and grievance, performance evaluation of sub-ordinates
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- A Master’s Degree in Business, marketing or related field will be an added advantage.
- 3 Years’ relevant experience in retail or stock management and sales or marketing fast moving consumer goods (FMCG’s).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills, Results Focused, Negotiating Skills, Relationship Management Skills, Editorial skills & be Multilingual.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter, Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design.
- Brand communication & Exceptional creative writing and business writing skills.
- Background of launching Corporate Communication and Stakeholder Relations initiatives.
- Knowledge of the livestock and meat sector
- Knowledge of Communications Act & Namibia Meat Corporation Act.
- Enhance Meatco local Brand in the Local and International Markets.
- Both PR Agency and client-side experience & Sales and Marketing knowledge.
- Namibian Citizenship.
Application Letter accompanied by a detailed CV which reflects career outline to date should be forwarded to:
Closing Date: 01 July 2022
Meatco is an equal opportunity employer and persons from previously disadvantaged groups are especially invited to apply