An opportunity exists for interested and qualified candidates to apply for the mentioned position at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd in Windhoek.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Required to support the networking team with physical installations of IT equipment and wiring over several sites in and around Namibia.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installing, maintaining and repairing cable infrastructure
- Performing maintenance on existing cabling systems
- Testing newly installed or relocated cables according to company specifications
- Installing of Access Points, Access Control Devices, Cameras and other network devices
- Supporting the IT team and users to remain productive and functional with regards to connectivity
- Working under supervision of the Cabling Technician
- Installing cables, routers and IT devices
- Troubleshooting issues with the cable network
- Repairing network
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations
- Completing paperwork such as timesheets, checklists and overtime
- Perform any reasonable ad hoc tasks as requested by management/superiors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (NQF4)
- Relevant work experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to work in cramped and/or high-altitude spaces
- Valid Namibian code 8 driver’s license.
- Namibian Citizen.
- Proficient in English (written & spoken).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Namib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. The Company offers in return; a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related. CVs with relevant supporting documents can be forwarded to email@example.com (not larger than 2MB).
Subject line for applications should be: NMFIT0606022- CABLING ASSISTANT
Only applications with this subject line will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 30 June 2022