Debmarine requires the services of an Asset Management Assistant. The successful incumbent will provide an Asset Management support function on the vessel. To deliver the requirements for every approved work package to be completed at the scheduled time. The incumbent will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum period of 28 days shore.
IN YOUR ROLE AS ASSET MANGEMENT ASSISTANT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Executes the “Resource Coordination” element of the Business Process Framework.
• Reviews the Work Order Resource Status Report daily to ensure that the identified resources will be available at the work site at the agreed time.
• Works collaterally across departments on the vessel, to ensure the proper communication of timing and impact of the provision of resources on scheduled work.
• Identifies and escalates all critical issues that threaten the successful procurement of resources allowing the scheduling of work orders for completion by their Required Date.
• Escalates to appropriate authority in the event that the provision of resources for scheduled tasks by the Required Date results in a requirement for additional costs or changes to the resources.
• Coordinates the delivery of resources to minimize the impact on operating performance without exceeding the Required Date for work completion.
• Coordinates the delivery of resources to ensure work does not exceed the Required Date for work completion.
• Schedules bins and update Bin registers according to Task packages.
• Manages the return of unused goods and the return of these into stock or suppliers.
• Supervisors the vessel Storeman.
• Initiates custom documentation and goods in transit documentation as required for movements of goods.
• Liaise with Port Nolloth and regarding launch movements and advise end users onboard Debmarine Namibia vessels.
• Co-operates with colleagues to facilitate the achievement of Company objectives.
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
• Knowledge of SAP
• Planned Maintenance
• Administrative, planning and organising skills
• Project management, budgeting and problem-solving skills
• People management, liaison and interpersonal skills
• Adapting and responding to change
• Good written and verbal communication
• Work independently
• Coping with pressures and setbacks
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
• Grade 12 with Certificate in Materials Management or a related field
• Computer Literacy – inclusive of Ms Excel
• Five (5) years’ experience in Materials Management which includes at least 2 years’ experience at supervisory level
• Aptitude/advantage to have Planned Maintenance exposure/knowledge
• Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
Interested applicants should send comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In subject line please indicate the position applying for.
For queries, please contact Daniel Ockhuizen on Tel: +264 61 297 8000
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening. No personal documents will be returned
CLOSING DATE: 4 NOVEMBER 2022