PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Effective preventative and scheduled maintenance of machinery and equipment. Maximizing production up-time through timeous attendance to breakdowns and repairs. Effecting upgrades when necessary
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan maintenance activities pro-actively.
- Ensure maximum efficiencies and availability of equipment
- Redesigns parts where weak spots have been identified during breakdowns and address timeously and accordingly
- Plan services and ensure services take place as scheduled, adhering to specifications.
- Ensure via preventative maintenance that preventable breakdowns are minimized. Keeping of accurate records
- Accurately keep track of spares used
- Accurately keeping record of new spares that would be used in future
- Ensures that all services take place and that all and attend to all wear and tear, and other breakages picked up during services
- Ensure minimal downtime
- Checking hatchers and setter machines before hatch incubation
- Maintaining any equipment from Mechanical, plumbing, electrical
- Checking and record of water used, and boilers diesel used
- Ensure that new projects are according to specifications
- Provide required training to ensure high levels of productivity
- Commissioning and smooth running of new projects
- Accurately keeping record of all parts and part related documentation
- Accurately keeping record of all services and planned services
- Accurately record quality test results as required
- Performing of standby duties in accordance with requirements of the company.
- Contribute to maximum availability of all equipment and immediate addressing of emergencies.
- Assist assistant effectively with problem solving when required
Health and Safety
- Adhere to required SHE Policies and Safe Work Procedures at all times.
- Monitor Safe Work Practices and wearing of clean and correct PPE prescribed for all work areas
- Perform risk analysis on new equipment / processes / before affecting repairs or performing maintenance
- Assist with all breakdown repairs on other equipment as instructed by HOD Manager
- Planning and General Office Work
- Perform any additional ad hoc tasks as and when required by applicable Management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12 (NQF 4).
- N3 (Diploma in Electrical Millwright)
- Minimum of Three (3) years’ relevant work experience
- FMCG manufacturing experience will be advantageous.
- Namibian citizen.
- Proficiency in English, being bilingual will be highly advantageous.
- Valid Code BE driver’s license & own reliable transport.
The company offers a competitive salary and market related employee benefits. Candidates who qualify for above position, should send a short CV to the HR department.
Closing Date: 29 June 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.