MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To safely perform mechanical fitting tasks in accordance with set standards, procedures and specifications, to achieve optimum equipment availability and process efficiency objectives.
Key Performance Areas:
- Perform skilled technical work within the parameters of the trade (i.e. fixed plant and/ or mining equipment / machinery) in accordance with set standards, procedures and specifications, in area of responsibility.
- Strip, clean, inspect, calibrate, overhaul, service, test, assemble and reinstate all mechanical components such as valves, shafts, couplings, lubrication systems, winches, tapers, bearings, pins, sheaves and rollers.
- Record the component serial number in the component change out ledger.
- Fit and remove bearings, bushes, pins, shafts, valves, etc. by means of liquid nitrogen, dry ice, oil bath and bearing heaters to accomplish repair work.
- Inform the Supervisor of all work performed in the section by reporting on work orders/requests, possible causes, estimated life span of components/ parts, spares used, time taken and recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Schedule maintenance activities.
- Provide advice and guidance on the effective repair and maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Perform basic welding tasks and gas cutting for maintenance.
- Perform ongoing fault-finding/run inspections on all equipment / structures and machinery in area of responsibility.
- Investigate, maintain, adjust, repair faults and overhaul equipment and machinery on site, in order to maximize the availability of equipment and machinery, and ensure that the standard is maintained as per related schedules.
- Initiate innovative ideas to enhance efficiency within the area of work.
- Inform the supervisor on parts to be ordered timely to avoid delays
- Complete work orders and submit to the supervisor to close the job order.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12, with a Recognized Trade Diploma/ Certificate in Fitting.
- A minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience as a Fitter in a maintenance environment.
- Experience in fault finding and trouble shooting.
- Experience in interpretation of technical and schematics drawings.
- Basic gas cutting and SMAW welding experience.
- Basic Hydraulic experience.
- Basic Rigging experience.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
I am apply position for maintenance fitter