PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Effective preventative and scheduled maintenance of machinery and equipment. Maximizing production up-time through timeous attendance to breakdowns and repairs. Effecting upgrades when necessary.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan maintenance activities pro-actively to ensure
- Ensure maximum efficiencies and availability of equipment
- Redesigns parts where weak spots have been identified during breakdowns and address timeously and accordingly
- Plan services and ensure services take place as scheduled, adhering to specifications.
- Ensure via preventative maintenance that preventable breakdowns are minimized. Keeping of accurate records
- Accurately keep track of spares used and of new spares that would be used in future.
- Ensures that all services take place and that all and attend to all wear and tear, and other breakages picked up during services. Ensure minimal downtime
- Ensure that new projects are according to specifications . Commissioning and smooth running of new projects
- Ensure that all needs are addressed from an operational point of view with regards to budgeting for improvements
- Provide required training to ensure high levels of productivity
- Accurately keeping record of all parts and part related documentation, services and planned services, quality test results as required
- Performing of standby duties in accordance with requirements of the company.
- Contribute to maximum availability of all equipment and immediate addressing of emergencies
- Assist assistant effectively with problem solving when required
Health & Safety
- Adhere to required SHE Policies and Safe Work Procedures at all times
- Monitor Safe Work Practices and wearing of clean and correct PPE prescribed for all work areas
- Perform risk analysis on new equipment / processes / before affecting repairs or performing maintenance
- Assist with all breakdown repairs on other equipment as instructed by HOD Manager
- Perform any additional ad hoc tasks as and when required by HOD Manager
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Grade 12 (NQF 2)
- N3 (Diploma in Electrical Millwright)
- At least 5 years’ proven Industrial Maintenance experience in a FMCG food processing and manufacturing environment (poultry/red meat/fish/dairy industry) Namibian citizen.
- Proficient in English, being bilingual will be advantageous.
- Must be able to work day/night shifts, weekends, overtime and on public holidays.
- Namibian Citizen.
- Valid Code BE drivers’ license
The company offers a competitive salary and market related employee benefits. Candidates who qualify for above position, should send a short CV to the HR department.
Closing Date: 16 September 2022
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.