The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program is an undergraduate academic, merit program that annually awards full-tuition scholarships and fully-funded, GPSP-sponsored summer programs to 18 incoming freshman students. Early Decision and Regular Decision applicants who submit their BC applications by the November 1 priority scholarship deadline will be considered. There is no separate application for this scholarship, but please note that only candidates for fall admission will be considered.
Developing the Nation’s Future Leaders
Each year since 1991, a select group of young men and women of outstanding talent and character have come to Boston College to embark on an integrated honors educational experience designed to embody the best of the University and its Jesuit heritage of educational excellence in service to society—the Boston College Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program. The 4 core values which are the pillars of the Program are: Global Leadership, Hospitality, Fidelity to our Partners and Promoting the Common Good.
The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program works in tandem with the University’s rigorous curricula, challenging Scholars over four years through summer programs focusing on service learning, international experience, and professional internships. During the academic year, Scholars interact with one another on a weekly basis. Each Tuesday night the Scholars gather to attend a cultural event, meet to discuss their academic disciplines, discuss career discernment, or to work on special projects. These gatherings are intended to nurture their development into the nation’s future leaders.
About Boston University
Boston University is a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts. The university is nonsectarian, but maintains its historical affiliation with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1839 by Methodists, its original campus was in Newbury, Vermont before moving to Boston in 1867
Boston College Undergraduate Scholarship
- Category Undergraduate
- Organisation Boston University
- Country to study United States
- School to study Boston College
- Course to study Not specified
- Application Deadline November 1, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Boston College Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program is a merit scholarship that covers full tuition at BC, regardless of financial need, and therefore does not require any financial aid forms to be submitted.
Requirements for Boston College Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- To apply to be a Boston College Presidential Scholar you must apply by the priority scholarship deadline of November 1. No separate application is required and you may apply as an Early Decision I, Early Decision II or as a Regular Decision applicant.
- All applicants who apply by the deadline are automatically considered for the Scholarship. Visit the Boston College Admission page for deadlines and information about applying to Boston College.
- There is no minimum GPA or SAT score requirement. However, we are looking for students with outstanding academic records, who hold leadership roles in their school and who are committed to and have a demonstrated interest in community service. Typically, the students selected are in the top 1-2 percent of the national pool of freshman applicants.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Boston College Undergraduate Scholarship
Letters of invitation will be sent out to finalists along with an official offer of admission to BC by February 1. Finalists visit Boston College (at the University’s expense) in mid-March to learn more about the University, the Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program, and the city of Boston. During their visit, candidates are interviewed by faculty and administrative staff; and they participate in other evaluative experiences which all serve as the basis for the final choice of Presidential Scholars, who will be notified shortly thereafter.
More Info about Gabelli Presidential Scholarship at Boston College
Leave A Comment