The MVA Fund invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, and competent persons to join its workforce in the following position:
Position: Advanced Life Support – Paramedic (ALS) (Patterson C4)
Duration: 12 Months Contract Duty Station: Mariental Emergency Response Base
The successful candidate will carry out quality patient care through rendering pre-hospital and in-hospital emergency medical care and rescue services, engage relevant stakeholders to ensure that operational efficiencies and on-scene management is coordinated to improve patient outcomes, safeguard optimal base management and provide Continuous Professional Development training.
Key Performance Areas:
- Attend to all emergencies (medical and trauma) without delay,
- Conduct inter-hospital transfers (short and long-distance),
- Effective patient assessment, management and customer care,
- Ensure thorough and accurate administration and record-keeping, and submit weekly/monthly/quarterly reports as required,
- Ensure quality assurance to maintain work standards and integrity,
- Liaise with doctor’s/hospital case managers to ensure smooth case management and clinical decision making,
- Liaise with the MVA Fund Emergency Communications Centre to provide crash information,
- Assist and create a training environment to develop effective and efficient patient care.
Competencies and Skills Requirements:
Bachelor of Emergency Medical Care or National Diploma in Emergency Medical Care. Minimum of two (2) years working experience as an Advanced Life Support (ALS) Paramedic. Valid Code C1E driver’s License with valid Public Drivers Permit (PDP). Registered with the Namibian Health Professions Council. Knowledge of emergency management plan. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Effective coaching and mentoring of operational EMS staff. Ability to work efficiently in high demand and fast-paced environments.
The MVA Fund is an equal opportunity employer. Applications detailing career experience and academic records should be directed to: Human Relations Unit, Motor Vehicle Accident Fund, P.O. Box 25158, Windhoek or hand delivered to: MVA Fund Windhoek Service Centre, Church Street, Erf 8730 or emailed to: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No documents will be returned.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 June 2022 @ 12H00
Contact Person: Marlyn De Kock
Senior Human Resources Officer
Tel: (061) 289 7037