Purpose of the Job:
he Accountant will be responsible for overseeing and reporting of the financial information for the Namibia Investment Promotion & Development Board (NIPDB).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the company’s accounting records. This entails processing transactions into the Accounting system and preparing monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Manage the company’s Petty Cash by performing monthly reconciliations
- Assisting the Manager: Finance and Procurement with ensuring that funds are received timeously from the Office of the President, by preparing required documents accurately and communicating timeously
- Maintain the organization’s Fixed Assets Register
- Assist the Manager with monitoring the organization’s expenditure and ensuring that expenditure is in line with budget
- Ensuring that all suppliers are paid within reasonable time frames
- Ensuring that all applicable IFRS Standards are adhered to
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Ensuring that the NIPDB is prepared for internal and external Audits
- Coordinate with the Procurement Specialist to ensure that all procurement is performed timeously and accurately
- Assist the Manager in ensuring that all financial policies are adhered to
- Assisting the Manager with any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting (NQF Level 7)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in accounting or relevant field of work
- Must be computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent knowledge of Pastel
- Valid Driver’s license is an added advantage
- Planning and time management skills
- Goal driven and very observant with ethical standards
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly competent and self-motivated
- Discretion and diplomacy
- Friendly and well presented
- Honest with a high level of personal integrity
- Dependable and responsible
Closing Date: 11 March 2022 at 12h00
- Candidates should ensure that all foreign qualifications are evaluated by the Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA).
- Required documents for upload/attachment: CV (as one document in PDF Format) and Qualifications (as one document in PDF Format).
- There is no way to save a form and have a user return to it later without submitting it.