Debmarine Namibia requires the services of an Able Seafarer – Engine.
The incumbent will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Carries out rounds of machinery spaces at sea and in port, to detect fire, flooding and unauthorised personnel.
- Using hand tools to assist with the ship’s repairs and maintenance.
- Operating lifting gear in engineroom during repairs.
- Assisting in the rigging of heavy machinery.
- Keeping the engineroom clean by washing down bulkheads, bilges and tank tops.
- Carries out continuous housekeeping process.
- Operating equipment in emergency situations.
- Checks operating parameters of engine room machinery e.g. temperatures, pressures, oil levels while on watch and reports abnormality to Watch keeping engineer.
- Assists the Watchkeeping engineer in his duties during a watch by performing tasks as instructed.
- Assists in the transfer of Fuel and Lub Oil as directed by the Engineman or 2nd Engineer.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Problem solving skills
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Adapting and Responding to Change
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 10 pass with valid Able Seafarer Engine Certificate of Competency or/
- Grade 12 pass with 20 points over 5 subjects
- Three (3) years relevant experience
Please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience to:
Closing Date: 08 July 2022
– Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act. firmative Action Act.
– WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assess-ment and screening.